On the 129th day of the Israeli war on the Gaza Strip, the military wing of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) – the al-Qassam Brigades – announced the killing of 10 Israeli soldiers from point-blank range, and the al-Quds Brigades – the Islamic Jihad movement in Palestine The military wing said it had ambushed an Israeli force and killed or wounded its members, while Israel acknowledged killing a battalion commander.
Alert about the situation in Rafah
Amnesty International warned of the “imminent risk of genocide” in the southern Gaza Strip city of Rafah, where civilians have no way to escape Israeli bombardment.
International Criminal Court Prosecutor Karim Khan also expressed concern about the bombing and a possible Israeli ground incursion into Rafah.
This comes at a time when Al Jazeera's correspondent said that the number of people martyred in the Israeli raid on Rafah city in the southern Gaza Strip since Monday morning has increased to 74.
The White House said it no longer supports a general ceasefire in Gaza, noting that the crisis there will not end until Hamas releases all Israeli “hostages”.
Washington said it does not want a major military operation in Rafah without an implementable plan and guarantees of the safety of civilians, according to the White House, which noted that there are legitimate military targets for the Israelis in Rafah, but urged them to be careful. Did. While pursuing Hamas.
The Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades announced that they killed 10 Israeli occupation soldiers from point zero in the Abasan al-Kabira area, east of Khan Yunis, in the south of the Gaza Strip.
It added that he was able to detonate an anti-personnel device alongside an Israeli force in the same area, killing and injuring its members.
This comes as the Israeli army admitted that two soldiers were killed and nine wounded in fighting in the southern Gaza Strip during the last 24 hours.
Al-Qassam's announcement of the killing of 10 soldiers within a matter of hours came after Israeli media sources confirmed that the occupation forces were attacked in an ambush, described as large and precise, by the Palestinian resistance in Khan Yunis. In which many people lost their lives. More than 11 soldiers.
Later on Monday evening, Israeli media revealed that an Israeli army battalion commander had been killed during fighting in Gaza.
On the other hand, the al-Quds Brigades said they bombarded a command and control position for Israeli forces in the al-Taqadum axis in the center of Khan Yunis with mortar shells.
It also said it ambushed an Israeli force in Khan Yunis early Monday. It said its fighters surprised members of the force with machine guns, anti-personnel shells, fortifications and explosive devices, causing deaths and injuries in their ranks.
Hamas leader Osama Hamdan said field press accounts confirm that the two Israeli prisoners whom the occupation claimed to have freed in the Shaboura camp in Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip, were not in the movement's possession, but rather Were in possession of one. The civilian family stressed the need to wait for details from the resistance regarding the incident.
Hamdan – at a press conference in Beirut – said that the marketing and exaggeration of what happened in the light of the defeats and resistance faced by the occupation forces in different areas of the fighting falls within the framework of the search for a lost achievement. resistance, and a blatant attempt to boost the broken morale of the occupation army and its soldiers.
In a thrilling development after Israel reported it was able to free two prisoners, CNN on Monday evening quoted a senior official of US President Joe Biden's administration as saying, “The rescue operation of two hostages in Rafah led to the death of Might be possible.” “About 100 Palestinians, and we're concerned about it.”
For his part, Abu Ubaida, spokesman for the Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, announced the killing of 3 Israeli prisoners in Israeli bombardments on the Gaza Strip during the past 5 days.
Abu Ubaida said the three killed were among eight prisoners who were reported seriously injured during the occupation raid on Sunday, indicating that the brigade would release names and photographs of the dead in the coming days. The announcement will be postponed till further fate. It becomes clear about the injured.
Egypt and Israel
Israel's fierceness towards Egypt was seen on Monday, as extremist Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich criticized Egypt's position, strongly opposing Israel's intention to launch a large-scale ground operation in the southern Gaza Strip city of Rafah.
Smotrich said in reference to Operation Al-Aqsa Flood that Egypt was largely responsible for what happened on October 7 and that Hamas was armed through them.
Smotrich called on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to ignore US pressure and not send an Israeli delegation to Cairo tomorrow to complete negotiations regarding reaching a prisoner exchange agreement, in which Egypt, Qatar and the United States will participate. Have been. He said the appropriate solution to the return of most Israeli prisoners is to continue the military operation.
On the other hand, Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry said during a press conference on Monday evening with his Slovenian counterpart Tanja Vajon in the capital Djaljana that his country continues to implement the “peace agreement” and has normal relations with it. Israel.
The Egyptian Foreign Ministry also acknowledged that Smotrich's statements were completely unacceptable, as Egypt has full control over its territory. “It is unfortunate that Smotrich continues to make statements that reveal an appetite for murder and destruction.”
Qatar's Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani discussed the latest developments in the Gaza Strip and the occupied Palestinian territories with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas during their meeting in Doha on Monday.
A statement from the Amiri Diwan said the Emir of Qatar discussed with the Palestinian President ongoing efforts for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza. The statement said the Emir of Qatar welcomed efforts to end the partition and wished that they succeed and serve the Palestinian people and their national interests.
For its part, the Palestinian News Agency reported that the Palestinian President said – during his meeting with the Emir of Qatar – that the Palestinian Authority is coordinating with Qatar to achieve an immediate ceasefire in Gaza, and end the official Palestinian position. Is supporting the demand to do so. Business
In turn, Qatar's Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdul Rahman Al Thani discussed with Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdullahian the developments in the Gaza Strip and the increasing scope of violence in the region. During the meeting, the Qatari official reaffirmed Qatar's call for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza.
The Prisoner Affairs Authority and the Palestinian Prisoners Club announced the martyrdom of the boy, Muhammad Tariq Abu Senna (16 years old), inside the prison as a result of being injured by occupation bullets in Jerusalem the previous day, while Israeli forces continue to attack towns in the West Bank. To raid.
The police arrested the boy on Sunday on the pretext of attempting to attack him with a knife.
A number of Palestinians were also injured, and several others were arrested during a campaign of arrests and infiltration in various areas of the occupied West Bank by Israeli occupation forces.
Occupation forces attacked the village of Madama, south of Nablus, on Monday evening, amid clashes with Palestinian youth. Occupation forces also attacked the city's neighborhoods of Ain Munjid, Ramallah al-Tahta and Umm al-Sharayyat. They raided Beituniya, west of Ramallah, and Jalazoun camp, north of Ramallah, and searched several houses.
Al Jazeera's correspondent said settlers attacked the village of Asira al-Qibliya, south of Nablus in the occupied West Bank, and burned cars and property belonging to Palestinian civilians. He said two Palestinians were wounded by settlers' bullets during the attack on the village.
South Lebanon Front
Lebanese Hezbollah announced the killing of two of its members in clashes with Israeli occupation forces in southern Lebanon, bringing the death toll since October 8, 2023 to 190.
For its part, civil defense in southern Lebanon said 4 people were killed and others injured in two Israeli attacks on two houses in the cities of Tire Herfa and Maroun al-Ras.
Hezbollah announced in separate statements that it had targeted spy equipment at an Israeli radar site overlooking the cities of Shebaa and Kafr Shu'ba with a guided missile, and that it had targeted the Pranat barracks with a “Flank 1” missile, causing damage. There was a direct attack.
The party also targeted Zareet Barracks with missile launches from Falak 1, resulting in a direct attack, and a building in Yaroon Colony where enemy soldiers were stationed with appropriate weapons, resulting in a direct attack.
Earlier on Monday, Al Jazeera correspondent reported that a local Hezbollah official survived after an Israeli drone bombed a car near the Bint Jbeil government hospital in southern Lebanon's Nabatieh governorate, while others were injured in the attack. .
spying on israel
On Monday, the Israeli “Wala” website revealed exciting details about a case described as the worst security breach in Israel's history, after a court in Beersheba announced additional details in the case last month. publication, where a reserve officer was able to wander for weeks between military bases where he had no right to enter. He obtained highly sensitive and classified information, including the deployment of forces, and passed it on to military and civilian personnel before being arrested and tried on charges. Espionage and impersonation.
The website revealed what it described as “one of the aspects of the chaos” that prevailed in the Southern Command of the Israeli occupation forces in the early days of the war on the Gaza Strip.
According to the website, the detained Israeli had previously served in the army for six years in several units and had left as a first lieutenant, a rank in the reserve forces in the current war.
British ban on 4 residents
The British Foreign Office announced sanctions on 4 extremist Israeli settlers for violence and human rights violations against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.
The ministry said the West Bank has seen unprecedented levels of violence by extremist settlers in the past year.
The sanctions impose financial sanctions and travel bans on the four residents.
The move comes after the United States imposed sanctions on four Israelis earlier this month over their involvement in violence in the West Bank.
On the other hand, Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir criticized Britain's decision, calling it a major moral misunderstanding and not based on legal background.