International newspaper: Netanyahu's insistence on defeating Hamas is an illusion and destroying Gaza tunnels is impossible

The international press highlighted the growing threat of Israel's impending military operation in the city of Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip, and the dangers posed by the presence of large numbers of displaced people there, in addition to issues related to the Gaza War. ,

In this context, the British newspaper “Financial Times” warned about the dangers of a large-scale military operation in Rafah, as it based its report on satellite images showing how large numbers of displaced people Changed the shape of the city Israel wants to build. To attack.

Reports indicated that sites in Rafah had already been bombed and there were little options for those trapped there.

An article in the Israeli newspaper “Haaretz” says that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's insistence on fighting the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) until complete victory is achieved is an illusion.

The article concluded from Netanyahu's recent statements that he fell into several contradictions, including his talk of destroying the tunnels despite the fact that it was an elusive goal, and a military operation in Rafah, even though it What was extremely complex was his vague answers to questions about the future of Gaza and the threat from Lebanese Hezbollah.

In turn, the French newspaper Le Monde said that Hamas's tunnel network remains intact despite intense Israeli bombardment since the beginning of the war.

The newspaper quoted a French military source as saying that it is almost impossible to destroy the tunnels that appear in Gaza, pointing to the failure of various types of bombs to reach them and the failure of a plan to fill them with water.

As for the British newspaper The Independent, it touched upon a letter sent by Doctors Without Borders to British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, in which it said that there is increasing evidence that Israeli forces deliberately target journalists Has been.

The organization said it has submitted two complaints to the International Criminal Court regarding crimes against journalists in the Middle East since October 7, and stressed the need to pressure Israel to allow documentation of its military operations.

For its part, the American newspaper “The Wall Street Journal” said that the killing of a key commander of the Hezbollah brigade in the US attack in Iraq has increased the demand for the withdrawal of international coalition forces.

According to the newspaper, the attack escalated tensions between Baghdad and Washington and increased popular and political pressure on the Iraqi government over the withdrawal of US-led coalition forces from Iraqi territory.

Read Previous

Nicaragua requests to join South Africa in genocide lawsuit against Israel

Read Next

Northern Ireland Prime Minister: Hamas will be a partner in the peace process

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular