Intercept: An eyewitness recounts the terrifying siege of Khan Younis Hospital

Israeli occupation forces have continued their siege of Al-Amal Hospital in the city of Khan Yunis (southern Gaza Strip) for more than two weeks, closing all roads leading to the hospital and deepening a serious health and humanitarian crisis. Went. Crisis inside.

A report published by The Intercept website said that the Palestinian Red Crescent Society – which runs the hospital – has warned of an 18-day siege, as thousands of people were forced to evacuate the hospital, including Most were displaced from other parts of Gaza. While hundreds of medical workers and patients are left. Injured and people with special needs are trapped inside.

The Intercept quoted Salim Aburas, 30, a relief coordinator in the risk and disaster management department at the Palestinian Red Crescent, as saying, “The siege we are experiencing inside the hospital feels like a never-ending nightmare. However There are wounded and dead people outside the hospital, we are paralyzed and unable to reach or help them, bury them, as occupation snipers and Israeli aircraft target everyone who leaves the hospital building “

stifling siege

The US website reported that the hospital's ability to care for patients has been seriously degraded due to the continued siege and lack of basic medical supplies, with the situation made even more dangerous by the lack of drinking water and food.

Aburas – who has been besieged inside the al-Amal hospital compound since January 21 – said, “We face enormous challenges in providing adequate health care services to the wounded, which has been imposed by the occupation on the entry of medical supplies. Are hampered by the restrictions. In the hospital.”

As far as the people inside the hospital are concerned, communication between them and the outside world has been cut off to a great extent. Aburas said, “The communications blackout was another source of terror, and everyone trapped in the hospital knows nothing about their families and loved ones outside the hospital. All we know is that Israeli bombardment continues throughout the Gaza Strip. “

Aburas said, “Although I lived through 6 Israeli attacks and many incidents, the injuries we saw during this massacre of the Gaza Strip are unprecedented, to the extent that medical teams are unable to deal with such serious cases.”

war of destruction

He reported that January 30 was the most violent day of the siege on the hospital, as Israeli bombardment never stopped, the sides of the building were destroyed, and occupation soldiers stormed the hospital grounds, setting fire to tents throughout the area. And ordered the displaced people gathered there to leave.

On 2 February, the occupation killed 42-year-old Red Crescent worker Hedaya Hamad, who was also buried in the hospital grounds.

Aburas said Hedaya's murder “broke our hearts. She had an angelic presence, helping everyone she met and working hard to make sure workers got their share of the meager food supply .For us, she was like a nurturing mother.”

As the siege enters its third week, Aburas said the hospital is in danger of running out of fuel for backup generators and oxygen supplies.

Other challenges include the risk of infection due to overcrowding, lack of supplies, and lack of food and milk for children. Some medical staff have also been evacuated along with thousands of displaced people who left hospitals earlier this week, leaving fewer health care workers to care for the injured.

Read Previous

Local Aceh parties…struggle to survive in Indonesian elections

Read Next

Ban on artificial intelligence calls in America

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular