Former US President Donald Trump said Israel was part of a plan to assassinate former Quds Force commander Qasem Soleimani in the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, but Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu withdrew from the plan two days before its implementation.
Yesterday, during his interview with Fox News on Sunday, Trump confirmed that Netanyahu was an essential part of the operation against Suleimani for a long time, noting that they worked together on a number of issues during that period.
After Israel backed out at the last minute, Trump convinced the generals to carry out the operation, saying, “When we killed Suleimani, Israel was supposed to participate with us, but two days before the attack, They said: We can't do this. it. Then I turned to my general and said to him: “Can we do it? And he said, 'Yes, we can do it, sir. It's up to you.' Then I said, 'Then let's do it.' ,
On January 3, 2020, Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy head of the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Forces, were killed as a result of their convoy being targeted by two Hellfire missiles near Baghdad International Airport.
Earlier this year, Iranian judicial authorities revealed the number of countries participating in the assassination of Qassem Soleimani, identifying 125 defendants and suspects who are members of the US administration structure.
Trump's statement came in the context of Iran-backed groups responding to attacks targeting a US base in Jordan, which resulted in the death of 3 US soldiers.
US forces launched retaliatory strikes against the Quds Force and militias loyal to it in Iraq and Syria.
When Trump was asked about the attack in the interview, he replied that this would not have happened during his presidency. He said that when he was president, Iran respected him and that he had put strong pressure on Iran because of his actions and that he expected a response.