Washington: We intend to launch more attacks in the Middle East

US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan said his country intends to launch more attacks in the Middle East, in response to the killing of 3 US soldiers in an attack on a base in Jordan by groups that Washington says Say they are loyal to Tehran.

In statements to NBC, Sullivan said, “We intend to launch more strikes and take additional measures to send a clear message that the United States will stand by when our forces are attacked and when our people are killed.” Will answer.”

On Friday, the United States launched a wave of “retaliatory strikes against more than 85 targets in Iraq and Syria.”

Sullivan said, “What happened on Friday was the beginning of our response, not the end, and there will be further steps taken, some visible and some perhaps invisible. I would not characterize this as an overt military operation.”

He said US President Joe Biden “ordered us to respond firmly and seriously to the attacks on us, and that's what is happening.”

In response to a question whether he had any information about militia casualties, Sullivan said, “We are currently assessing their numbers, and we will soon inform the President of the results of this assessment.” do.”

For his part, John Kirby, strategic communications coordinator at the US National Security Council, said the Iraqi government “must take action and help us confront the threat posed by the militias.”

“The attacks carried out by the militias and their failure to hold them accountable are more a violation of Iraqi sovereignty than our operations,” he said.

Iraqi denial

The Iraqi government previously said that the US strikes “killed 16 people, including civilians, as well as injured 25, and also caused damage to residential buildings and civilian property.”

Iraqi Foreign Minister Fuad Hussein said his country was not the designated place to send messages and show strength among opponents.

He said the government is responsible for the security of diplomatic missions and harming them is an attack on Iraq's sovereignty.

He also called for a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip and the abandonment of military options to prevent tensions in the region.

In addition to their attacks in Syria and Iraq, the United States and Britain bombed 36 Houthi targets in Yemen on Saturday.

The Pentagon said Saturday's strikes targeted 13 sites in Yemen that the Houthis use to attack shipping in the Red Sea.

The Houthi group confirms continued targeting of ships headed to Israel, in response to its continued aggression against civilians in the Gaza Strip.

Read Previous

Egypt national team coach Rui Vitoria sacked

Read Next

Zelensky visited the front and the attack on Lisichansk killed 28 people

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular