Hamas has denied rejecting the ceasefire proposals and confirmed it will respond soon.

A leading source in the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) denied the validity of news reports regarding the movement's rejection of ceasefire proposals.

The source said in a statement to the Quds News Network that news published by some Arab media about the ceasefire agreements and the movement's position on them are “false” and are “aimed at confusing the position of the resistance and is in line with the occupation.” The position is to put pressure on popular support and confuse the Palestinian street.

“We are in the final stages of internal consultation and with the groups regarding the proposal we have received and we will respond soon,” he said.

Hamas leader Mahmoud Mardawi previously told Quds Network that the movement's response to the presented document would take into account the interests of the Palestinian people.

Mardawi said that any proposal that does not include a ceasefire would not be approved by the resistance and Palestinian factions, and that any framework agreement presented should have clear texts that should not be left up to the intentions or intentions of the other side, while making clear that Emphasis should be placed on existence. standard during conversation

israeli controversy

On the other hand, 4 ministers from the Likud party led by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attacked the direction of the swap deal during the weekly government session, while other ministers said that the ministers' public attack against the deal was inspired by the Prime Minister. Minister's office.

For his part, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday that Israel is not ready to accept the agreement at any cost to release detainees in Gaza. He said in statements published in the media ahead of the cabinet meeting: “Efforts will continue at all times to be aimed at the rescue of the hostages.”

In this context, Israeli Channel 13 reported that the administration of US President Joe Biden is pressuring Netanyahu to agree to a ceasefire for a period of 4 months.

paris proposal

The Israeli Broadcasting Corporation reported last Sunday that progress was made regarding prisoner exchange talks between Hamas and Tel Aviv at the summit held in Paris with the participation of Qatar, Israel, the United States and Egypt.

The authority quoted an Israeli political source as saying that a plan to release Israeli prisoners in phases was discussed at the summit.

The source said the parties discussed a ceasefire for about two months in exchange for the release of about 100 Israeli prisoners, with priority given to children, women and the sick, with Israel releasing a large number of Palestinian prisoners.

The American newspaper “The Wall Street Journal” at that time, quoting Egyptian officials, revealed that a new proposal was presented to Hamas on behalf of the countries playing the role of mediator between the two parties, in which a period of 4 months. A condition for ceasefire was laid down. Gaza Strip in exchange for the release of all Israeli prisoners.

In this context, Azzam Abu al-Adas, an expert on Israeli affairs, said that there is little chance of concluding a deal in the near future, pointing out that the prisoner deal belongs to conditions of resistance, which cannot be condoned under any circumstances. Is. circumstances.

Abu Adas explained that the matter is not about the prisoner deal, but about the situation of political settlement in which the current reality has been changed.

Read Previous

Two settlers attack a monk in Jerusalem and call for protection of the city's Christians

Read Next

Realme launches new smartphones with unique design

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular