Occupation forces fired on a car east of Hebron and attacked the Balata camp

Israeli occupation forces fired on a car east of Hebron in the south of the West Bank and continued their raids in several towns on Friday night, Al Jazeera's correspondent said.

Palestinian media reported that occupation forces arrested the driver – a young Palestinian man – after opening fire on the car.

On the other hand, amid armed clashes with Palestinian resistance fighters, occupation forces stormed the Balata camp east of Nablus in the northern West Bank and deployed sniper teams on several buildings overlooking the camp.

Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade – Youth of Revenge and Liberation said its fighters in the Balata camp were confronting the attacking forces, engaging them with gunfire and targeting them with explosive devices.

Occupation forces also raided the town of Qasra south of Nablus, the town of Rujib to the east of the city, and the town of Burqa to the northwest. They patrolled several areas and surrounded some houses.

The occupying forces also stormed the village of Baqat al-Hatab, east of Qalqilya, raiding several houses and tampering with their contents.

frequent arrests

The occupation forces also launched a raid and arrest campaign among Palestinians in the city of Tubas, in the north of the West Bank, resulting in confrontations between civilians and Israeli forces, who fired live bullets and stun grenades.

Raids were also resumed in the city of Jenin in the northern West Bank, where occupation forces raided several homes.

The Palestinian Prisoners Club and the Prisoner Affairs Authority said that during the past hours, occupation forces arrested at least 25 Palestinians from the West Bank, including a woman, an injured man and children.

The total number of arrests has increased to approximately 6,485 detainees since last October, the two bodies said in a joint statement.

The raids and arrests continue in West Bank towns and camps as part of a wider Israeli escalation since the resistance launched the Al-Aqsa flood battle on October 7 last year.

Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich (left) and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (French – archive)

settlement plan

A day after the United States imposed sanctions on settlers, the Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper said Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich called on the planning committee to approve a plan to build 7,000 settlement units in the West Bank.

Settler attacks in all their forms have increased, including the war on Gaza as well as the creation of settlement outposts in the occupied West Bank, as occupation forces provide protection to settlers during their repeated attacks on Palestinians. Provides.

The Israeli Peace Now movement estimates that more than 700,000 settlers live in West Bank settlements, including East Jerusalem.

Read Previous

Displaced Sudanese people in South Darfur face “threat of starvation”

Read Next

Ruling Indian party continues policy of demolishing ancient mosques

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular