Most important developments of the 120th day of Israeli war on Gaza

Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip continued for the 120th consecutive day amid international warnings about the movement of occupation forces into the city of Rafah, threatening more than 1.5 million displaced Palestinians there.

The Health Ministry in the Gaza Strip said Israeli occupation forces carried out 12 massacres within 24 hours, leaving 107 dead and 165 injured.

The ministry announced a new number of victims of the Israeli offensive, saying that the number of martyrs reached 27,238 Palestinians, while the number of injured reached 66,452.

heading towards rafa

Meanwhile, since Saturday morning, Israeli occupation forces have bombed the last two shelters for displaced people in the Gaza Strip, intensively targeting Rafah in the south of the strip and Deir al-Balah in its center, leading to As a result more and more people have died. 22 Palestinians, and there are growing fears that Israel will expand the scope of its ground operations in two cities filled with displaced people.

The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Volker Turk, warned that Israel's statements regarding military action towards the city of Rafah are disturbing and pose a threat to the more than one and a half million Palestinians whom it ordered to move there Was.

The international organization is concerned by Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Galant's statements regarding the military move into Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip, Turki wrote in a blog post on the X platform.

The Turks said these statements raise concerns about the large number of casualties and displacement to an unknown location of more than 1.5 million Palestinians who were ordered by Israeli forces to move to Rafah.

resistance operations

In turn, resistance factions in the Gaza Strip inflicted greater losses on the Israeli occupation army, which announced that it had conducted more than 1,500 transfer operations for its wounded soldiers in Gaza.

The Martyrs Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades – the military wing of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) – announced that its fighters targeted a “Zionist Merkava tank with an Al-Yasin 105 shell” west of the city of Khan Younis in the south . Of Gaza Strip.

It said its fighters entered the al-Jamia area, west of Gaza City, and fired mortar shells at a gathering of occupation forces.

The al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of the Islamic Jihad Movement, also said, “After our mujahideen returned from the clash areas in the al-Amal neighborhood of Khan Younis, they confirmed that they had targeted a Zionist D9 military bulldozer.” “End of the school road.”

On the other hand, the Israeli occupation army announced that it had evacuated more than 1,500 soldiers injured in fighting in the Gaza Strip since last October 27.

security system leader

On the other hand, Israeli Channel 12 said that the leaders of the occupation security system, who previously took responsibility for the failure in the attack last October 7, have made it clear that they will resign from their posts when circumstances permit.

According to the channel, occupation army chief of staff Harzi Halevi, Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar and Aharon Haleva, head of the Israeli Army (Aman) Intelligence Division, are still hesitant about it. right time to resign

Raids and arrests in the West Bank

In the West Bank, on Saturday, occupation forces continued their escalating campaign against Palestinian civilians, attacking several West Bank towns and villages and arresting scores of civilians.

A young Palestinian man was wounded by gunfire from occupation forces south of Tulkarm in the occupied West Bank. Forces also attacked Nablus, Tubas, Dheish camp in Bethlehem and two areas in Beit Omar, north of Hebron. The number of detainees increased to 6,500 since last October 7, coupled with raids and arrest operations.

The Palestinian News Agency reported that occupation forces attacked the town of Kafr Jamal in Tulkarm. As a result, a confrontation ensued, during which firing, stun grenades and tear gas were fired, resulting in one young man being injured by a bullet in the chest. ,

For its part, the Palestinian Prisoners Club reported that occupation forces have arrested 12 Palestinians in the West Bank since last night, bringing the number of detainees since October 7 to 6,500.

Military sources said about 4,400 prisoners were still in custody, in addition to about 5,300 prisoners held in prisons already captured before the war.

overthrow netanyahu

Today, hundreds of Israelis demonstrated in central Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, Beersheba and Rehovot to demand the overthrow of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government and the holding of parliamentary elections, as the war on the Gaza Strip entered its 120th day .

During these protests, protesters chanted slogans holding Netanyahu responsible for the events of October 7 and the events that followed, in addition to accusing him of corruption and mismanagement of the prisoner exchange deal file.

Protesters demanded that the government expedite the return of 136 Israeli prisoners held by the Palestinian resistance in Gaza.

blinken visit

US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken is set to begin a new tour in the Middle East on Sunday in an effort to secure an agreement that includes a ceasefire in Gaza and a prisoner swap between Israel and Hamas.

The US State Department announced that Blinken would be visiting Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Qatar, Israel and the West Bank from February 4 to 8.

The ministry said in a statement that the Foreign Minister would continue efforts to reach an agreement to release all “hostages” and a humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza, and continue to work to prevent the escalation of the conflict in the region.

American attacks

The fallout from the United States raids on seven targets in Syria and Iraq in response to last Sunday's attack in Jordan, which resulted in the deaths of nearly 40 people, continued today. 3 American soldiers.

US President Joe Biden said the targeted facilities were being used by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and “associated militias” to attack US forces, adding that “our response that began today will continue at the times and places we choose.” Will remain.”

In turn, the US Department of Defense (Pentagon) announced its confidence that it was able to hit most of its targets and achieved the desired success, emphasizing that it would not seek a broader war or conflict with Iran. not doing.

On the other hand, the Iraqi Foreign Ministry on Saturday summoned the charge d'affaires of the US Embassy in Baghdad and the Iraqi President to meet with the three presidents to discuss the US strikes.

The Iraqi Foreign Ministry handed over an official note of protest to the charge of the US Embassy in Baghdad regarding the US attacks on military and civilian targets, emphasizing that these attacks are a gross violation of Iraqi sovereignty.

Yemen front

US Central Command (CENTCOM) announced that the ship “USS Carney” shot down a drone over the Gulf of Aden yesterday, Friday, and no injuries or damage were reported.

It also announced that it struck 4 other drones belonging to the Ansar Allah al-Houthi group on the ground yesterday that were ready to be launched.

A US Navy destroyer shot down one drone yesterday morning, Friday, while fighter planes and a warship shot down 7 drones later the same day, while the US military destroyed another 4 drones on the ground before they could be launched.

In this context, the Houthi group announced – on Saturday morning – that American and British forces carried out 3 raids on Saada Governorate in the north of the country.

northern front

Lebanese Hezbollah announced that its fighters targeted the Israeli “Khirbet Mar” base on the Lebanese border with “appropriate” weapons.

The occupation forces today, Saturday, monitored 3 missiles that crossed Lebanese territory in the areas of “Baram” and “Zarait” (in the Upper Galilee) and fell in open areas without causing any casualties.

Hezbollah's al-Manar TV said that “the hostile drone fired a missile towards Yaroun, and drew fire from Zionist artillery targeting the al-Khariba area on the outskirts of Rashaya al-Fakhr.”

On the other hand, Israeli warplanes launched a series of raids on the cities of Aita al-Shaab and Yaroun and the Jabal Balat region of southern Lebanon, while Israeli artillery bombed the areas around the cities of Rashaya al-Fakhr and Dhahira.

The Israeli military announced that its warplanes carried out raids targeting Hezbollah positions in Lebanese territory.

Read Previous

Thousands of people demonstrated in Berlin against racism and the far right

Read Next

Does the resignation of the Governor of the Central Bank of Turkey influence changes in economic and monetary policies?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular