Russian writer Veniamin Popov, in a report published by the newspaper “Nezavisimaya”, said that the wars in Ukraine and Gaza ended the unipolar world, after which many became convinced of the decline in American influence and this was also recognized by Washington. Gave.
He pointed out that the countries of the Global South are increasingly talking about their lack of trust in the US, and now is the time to draw at least the approximate lines of a new world order.
According to Popov, the following ideas are worth discussing in order to bring about changes in the current system of international relations:
Denying Britain permanent membership
- Depriving Britain of its status as a permanent member of the Security Council, especially since many former colonies are seriously demanding compensation for the exploitation and plunder of these countries. As a compromise, Britain could retain a seat on the Security Council, but without veto power. Whereas France can represent the entire European Union. The author justified his view that Europe is over-represented in the UN Security Council, especially since the size of its economy reaches only $19.8 trillion in 2022, and the size of the US economy reaches $25 trillion.
- Relocating the United Nations Headquarters from New York to an Asian city like Istanbul or Kuala Lumpur or an African city like Cairo or Nairobi.
- Changing the structure of the most important international economic organizations, especially the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, as well as other global associations, for the benefit of the countries of the Global South.
Cancel the debt of the world's 25 poorest countries
- Given the debt slavery imposed by the West on the poorest countries of the Global South, decisions should be taken to cancel the debts of the 25 least developed countries. Furthermore, BRICS members can take the initiative to reduce the debt burden of the most vulnerable developing countries and begin work on building a new payments system without any delay.
- The main slogan is to work towards reducing the gap between the poor and the rich. Consideration may be given to imposing an additional tax on wealth above a certain amount. He rejected attempts by Western powers to shift the burden of tackling pollution and carbon dioxide emissions onto producers, most of whom are located in the global South.
A clear plan to create a Palestinian state
- Develop a clear plan to implement UN decisions regarding the establishment of a Palestinian state. It is important to pay particular attention to the deadlines for the implementation of this project and the associated international guarantees. BRICS members, especially Near and Middle Eastern countries, should also be key actors.
- Establishment of a new body under the United Nations Security Council whose mission is to develop long-term plans for comprehensive global cooperation, primarily in the fields of culture and human relations, so as to address global problems such as artificial intelligence, environmental pollution, climate change, etc. Can be searched. Changes, depleting reserves of fresh water as well as land suitable for agriculture and many other natural resources.
- Formation of a Council of Civilizations in which 3 countries represent currently existing civilizations; Slavic, Western, Indian, Chinese, Islamic, African and Latin American Orthodox. This new council may include representatives from major countries that do not fit into the framework of these seven cultures, such as Japan, South Korea, Vietnam and others.