However, small shipping companies do not have cargo transportation services in all countries. For that reason, if the big shipping companies do not start the transportation, the barriers will not be cut, the exporters said.
Meanwhile, out of 19 depots in Chittagong, CCTCL depot is managing this product. Other depots are not handling these chemicals. It cannot handle exports through a depot.
According to the export data, 18 thousand tons of hydrogen peroxide worth 6.5 million US dollars were exported in the first three months of the current financial year 2022-23. Among them, 2 thousand 688 tons of goods worth 12 lakh 37 thousand dollars passed through the sea port. And at this time, about 16 thousand tons of hydrogen peroxide worth 5.2 million dollars were exported through the land port.
The export market of this chemical made in Bangladesh is in 14 countries of the world. In the last financial year, the export income of this sector was 2 crore 81 million dollars. 31 percent of exports went to India. The remaining 69 percent went to 13 countries including Pakistan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Myanmar, Kenya.
The top two companies in exports are Samuda Chemical Complex Limited and Meghna Group’s Tasnim Chemical Complex. 82 percent of the total exports of the last financial year came from these two institutions.