A judge couple in Rajshahi has been admitted to hospital after falling ill due to food poisoning. The couple was admitted to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital on Friday morning.
The judicial couple is Rajshahi Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Jewel Adhikari and Metropolitan Sessions Judge Jayanthi Rani Das. Jayanti Rani is kept in the hospital cabin. And Jewel Adhikari was first admitted to ward number 17. He was later shifted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
According to hospital sources, the couple was brought to the hospital’s emergency department at nine o’clock on Friday morning. From there Jayanti Rani was sent to ward number 37 and Jewel Adhikari to ward number 17. ‘Food poisoning’ is written on their admission papers. Later, Jayanthi Rani was sent to the cabin and Jewel Adhikari to ICU.