Wednesday 15 December 2021
Books – Ibrahim Ali
The Algerian national team achieved an exciting victory over its Qatari brother, with two goals to one, in the semi-finals of the Arab Cup 2021.
The Algerian team qualified for the final match of the Arab Cup, to meet Tunisia in the final, next Saturday.
The Algerian team reached the 38th match in a row without receiving any defeat during the last period, which put the team in first place in the world, ahead of Italy.
The Algerian team overcame the unbeaten series for the Italian team, which was the record holder, after its series stopped at 37 games.
The Algerian team had just the unbeaten series for the Italian team with 37 matches, after winning the Moroccan team by penalty kicks in the Arab Cup quarter-final match.
The Algerian national team has not received any defeat since 2018, and specifically since October when it fell to Benin in the African Nations Cup qualifiers with a clean goal, to continue its series so far, after defeating the Qatari team in the 38th match unbeaten.
As for the Italian national team, it has remained unbeaten 37 games, since its record series began in October 2018, with a draw with Ukraine, before losing against Spain in the European Nations League semi-finals in October 2021.
The longest undefeated streak in football history:
– Algeria – 38* matches – the period from 2018 until now (ongoing)
– Italy – 37 matches – period from 2018 to 2021
– Brazil – 35 matches – from 1993 to 1996
– Spain – 35 matches – from 2007 to 2009
– Argentina – 31 matches – the period from 1991 to 1993
– France – 30 matches – from 1994 to 1996
– Italy – 30 matches – the period from 1935 to 1939
– France – 23 matches – from 2010 to 2012
West Germany – 23 matches – from 1978 to 1981